The best thing about this dish is all the gorgeous colors within it. The sauce included has a sweet and sour taste that is FABULOUS.
* chicken breasts
* 1 can of pineapple chunks
* 1/2 a cup of orange sauce
* 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons of garlic salt
The beauty of this recipe is you don’t have to have exact measurements. I like to challenge people to not follow recipes to the bone so you can add your own flare and customize it to your taste buds. I always cook 4-5 servings so my husband and I can have leftovers for lunch the next day, or sometimes we’re fat and eat a lot. The veggies are interchangeable as well, you can always add more or replace. I use at least a cup of each vegetable and two cups if they’re my preferred. Rice can be used instead of quinoa!
1) Boil chicken in water (15-20 minutes) and once it’s cooked thoroughly shred into chunks with your hands (make sure to let cool for a few minutes).
2) Cook your quinoa in a saucepan for 30 minutes (make sure to cover with lid)
3) Sauce: chop up the pineapple chunks into fine pieces. In a small pot add the orange sauce, pineapple pieces, and juice. Season with soy sauce and garlic salt. Leave it on medium low for 15 minutes and mix occasionally.