Happy anniversary to ussssss! These past two years have been full of constant change and laughter. I have definitely learned the real meaning of adulting and being thrown out into the world. I decided to share 5 things I have learned during my 730 days of marriage. By no means is my relationship perfect but I do have to say it is pure joyous. I’m sure this advice will change after being married 10 or 50 years but through my personal trial and error so far, I would have to say this is what I feel most comfortable sharing.
- Never stop spoiling each other- Whether it’s giving your significant other a 10-minute massage or buying them concert tickets we all deserve to be pampered. Life gets into such a routine with your spouse so step back and show your appreciation.
- Change is not bad- Your plans and ambitions will change and that is fine. Just make sure both of you are supporting each other and always be working towards something in life.
- Friends are important-I firmly believe your spouse should be your priority but that does not mean friends should not exist anymore. It is healthy to have other relationships and a tribe of loving individuals to rely on. Maybe I’m a monster but I do not want to be with my husband 24/7.
- Be stubborn about your goals- Unfortunate events and hardships will come, that does not mean to give up. Goals take time and sometimes money to be accomplished so know whatever you’re going through will pass. Keep your eye on the prize no matter how long it takes.
- You are on your own timeline-it is so easy to compare yourself to other couples around you. Buying a house does not have to be at a specific age and try having kids when both of you are ready no matter how early or late it is.
Thank you for choosing my every day mi Rey ❤
I’ve been so boring lately that I’m posting a video from the summer in December, so sorry. I will say I have been working on a very personal goal that is taking a long time. I’m usually open about most things but this project in particular is very special to me and I won’t be mentioning anything until it’s ready. I cannot wait!!
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
It has been the most difficult summer of my life. There has been so much internal struggles occurring. I have disconnected from amazing humans, I have treated my body unfair, and not been serving others. Summertime is normally my preferred time of year. I live for scorching hot days and extended free time. Miguel and I are finishing our second round in New York with summer sales. We have been blessed with work, friends, growth, and could not be more grateful. For months I have been thinking that there seriously must be something wrong with me. I looked at my life and thought, I have a job that allows me to travel, I have the opportunity to continue my education, have the biggest supporter as a spouse, and also have a myriad of friends and family who care; there should be NO reason why I feel so low on the daily. Miguel and I have centered these past few weeks on our family’s purposes. We have a list of small and large goals we hope to accomplish and they all bring us happiness. He showed me a short video that has changed my life, “Alan Watts, What If Money Were No Object?” (watch video here). This sounds so cheesy but I ask myself everyday, “What do I desire?”. I know I am young and I shouldn’t get caught up in age but one of my biggest fears is waking up in 20-30 years and realizing I spent my younger years not creating my empire. By empire I do not mean fat stacks of money and a long list of places traveled. I mean what genuinely makes me happy as a unique individual. When I was in high school I would google “Jobs that make the most money” or “how much does (insert job) make”. It seems so ridiculous I based off what I was going to do the rest of my life on money. I promise there are great things coming from me. Here is to re-branding myself and building my empire, XO.
Our second cross country road trip was spot on. We went with super awesome friends which made it ten times better. The States we drove through included Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York. My husband was proud of me because I didn’t take 3 naps everyday in the road haha. Our highlights would definitely be The World’s largest hot springs, Liberty Jail LDS Visitor’s Center, Donutology in Kansas City, and Hershey Amusement park. Although in all honestly, nothing beats simply getting to be with the love of my life for 30 plus hours while admiring God’s creations. As I look back on this trip I think of the stomach pains from endless laughter we had with Dani and Aaron and all the sugary goodness that was included. I love my humans soooo much ❤️
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO!!!!
My favorite thing about this recipe is the simplicity. There is no way someone can butcher the steps! The Orange Sauce that is incorporated as a dressing has a lot of flavor. One of my goals for the summer is to get creative with salads and make new recipes. Just mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. It makes around 4 servings.
1/2 a cabbage head
1 cucumber chopped
1 cup of shredded carrots
1/2 cup of peanuts
1 cup of diced grilled chicken
Panda Express Orange Sauce